Welcome to another episode of the Build In Public Podcast.
Today's episode features Adam Draper, Founder and Managing Director of Boost VC, which is an early-stage venture capital firm with $200m AUM.
Adam is a 2x entrepreneur and a 4th generation venture capitalist who comes from a family of highly influential leaders including his dad, Tim Draper, who made investments in Skype, Tesla, Bitcoin and more.
In this interview, Adam and KP explored a wide variety of topics such as:
● Intro (00:00)
● Paying it forward and asking for what you want (3:50)
● How building in public does your business a huge favor (11:00)
● What qualities set apart great founders (16:57)
● Why mission-driven founders are more likely to succeed (18:54)
● Infectious ambition and raising its ceiling (24:38)
● The right mindset and working harder (27:20)
● Tribute to Adam’s father, Tim Draper, on his brilliant strategic thinking (32:50)
● Self-sovereignty and what it means in tech (36:02)
● The possibilities of universal LLC (38:41)
● What’s up next at Boost VC (43:21)
● The kind of founders Adam wants to connect with (44:27)
● Adam’s take on expanding human endeavor (45:46)
● Brainstorming as the new age of podcasting (47:56)
● Leaning into what personally feels wondrous (48:53)
Build In Public Podcast is an interview show where KP chats with ambitious startup founders, CEOs, and top Internet creators to unpack their stories, insights, and lessons.
Thanks for listening!
Adam’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdamDraper
Boost VC on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoostVC
Boost VC’s website: https://www.boost.vc/
KP’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/thisiskp_
KP's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/KarthikPuvvadaKP